Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PRODUCING



Richard Gottehrer is a unique individual. He wrote classic songs such as "I Want Candy", "My Boyfriend's Back", "Nighttime", "Hang On Sloopy", "Sorrow", etc. He was a member of The Strangeloves and he co-founded Sire Records with Seymour Stein in 1966 and released such amazing acts like The Ramones, Talking Heads, Madonna, etc...


He's also a brilliant producer(Blondie, The Go-Go's, etc) and we've had the opportunity of working with him on "Chain Gang Of Love" and "Pretty In Black" but really, he's always been there for us and we consider him a great friend and mentor. In fact I'm going to Nyack, NY to housesit while him and his lovely wife Anita are outta town for a while. I always find their Nyack home incredibly inspiring and I'm planning on writing a bunch of new tunes...


Anyhoo, here's a few pics of Richard and I from when we produced the new Dum Dum Girls album in LA recently. The album is called "Only In Dreams" and will be out September 27. It's terrific!!


Listen to the hauntingly beautiful song "Coming Down" here.


http://www.subpop.com/artists/dum_dum_girls